Forms of hosting solutions
A hosting solution applies to stockpiling and/or sharing given web content on a web server run by a hosting company. There are different classes of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glance at them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to own a web portal, mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service made available by given web hosts, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting accounts are often supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a certain period of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would apportion the tasks at hand between individual packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given distributors offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting brand is appropriate if you would like to share an enormous amount of images with comrades or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mail accounts. Some suppliers offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to keep an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can create e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to some video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video file will enable you to possess as many video clips as you want without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to own a web site. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload video clips, and so on. At Free Hostia, for example, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one location. There may be restrictions based on the kind of hosting service that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web page hosting package may be better or worse compared to the routine email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are purposed for specific content only.